Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mommy



Moms are so amazing. They seem to always know what you needed before you do. They prepare and sacrifice for you from day one. Their hearts well with compassion for their children in ways that are truly supernatural.

Everyday I pray that God would lead me to "pull out the destinies God has" for my little ones, as a a friend worded it. It might look simple and monotonous to many, but there is something God made in me that tells me to seek, pray, and guide them. I can list hundreds of things that I might guess "is this God? or is this me?" but of this I am sure it is God.

Most times I feel pretty confident of my work with the twins. But I thought I would share this deep insecurity I have....

I have no idea how I am suppose to teach them or when I am suppose to teach them to use a spoon.

I know silly isn't it? I'm sure like most things they will just seem to naturally learn this. There are probably dozens of sites with ideas to help me, but time and time again I find it so ironic how I can spend day and night trying to get them to learn something to no avail and out of no where they start doing something I did not even think about showing them yet.

How am I sure they will learn you might ask? Well I guarantee no one taught Micah his drama routine, but anyone who has seen it knows what a sight it is. So I will continue to laugh when Eli says "HIIII" to total strangers and Micah hands me the remote and points at the TV to watch a movie and remember the task I am given is far greater then a word or a step like teaching them to turn to God in the tough times and worshiping Him daily.

A reminder:



God always fills the gap for Moms to be amazing.

Loving life as a mother and wife,
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment